Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Challenge #1 ~ BE George Washington

Hmmmm...I have been doing a ton of thinking...since I seem to have ample time to do that lately...and came across the website  www.beinggeorgewashington.com .  At first it was a bit strange to think that I may want to "BE" George Washington, a man that lived long, long ago.  However, after my initial thoughts of oddity left my mind, I dove deeper into the website and realized that it was a challenge to adapt certain character traits that George Washington had that made him the great man that is revered by many today.  As one of the founding fathers of the United States of America, he practiced, rather diligently what some people today may call old-fashioned principles.  This website, coming from Glenn Beck's book Being George Washington, presents a challenge for 2012.  Each Month we are encouraged to practice a character trait of George Washington and apply it to our lives.  The following is the monthly set up of the points to ponder...

January - DILIGENCE
February - FAITH
March -VIRTUE
April - KNOWLEDGE
May - TEMPERANCE, MODERATION, SELF-CONTROL
June -PATIENCE
July - GODLINESS
August - KINDNESS
September - CHARITY
October - 2ND INAUGURATION
November - THANKSGIVING
December - HUMILITY

I am looking forward to reading about each of these characteristics and then putting them into action.  Not only am I doing this personally but I felt that it would be beneficial for my children to learn and practice these as well!  I will be blogging about our journey toward becoming more like George Washington!  Join me in the journey...

No comments: